Meet the Team



Catriona Veal

I am a 21-year-old student from East Sussex studying Equine Business Management at Hartpury University.  I studied History, Drama, Biology at A level and completed an EPQ in Music History.  

I am a very keen horse rider and have worked on a number of yards including, riding schools, livery yards and competition yards.   I have also been teaching riding to a variety of adults and children, with a range of abilities. 

In 2017 I established my own brand, V5 Equestrian, and now operate as a freelance rider and groom under that name.  

I have also completed a number of volunteering roles including being the Youth Ambassador at Uckfield Music Club and most recently I spent a week volunteering at London International Horse Show.  

One fun fact about me is that as a child, I used to sit in the trolley while my mum did the shopping and eat raw pepper and olives.  

Bethany Shaw

I am an 18-year-old Equine Business Management student at Hartpury University.  I am originally from Kent and moved to Gloucestershire this year for Uni.  I completed a level 3 diploma in Equine Management at Hadlow College where I also worked as a Yard Assistant for the duration of my studies.  

I am a keen horse rider and I am currently looking to buy another horse of my own.  I have also had the opportunity to volunteer at Kent County Show where I developed my event management skills and made good industry contacts. I also volunteered at Night Church in Hastings which is used to support the homeless and their animals.  

I have been awarded my Bronze DofE award and participated in scouting expeditions as a child.  I have previously worked on a number of different yards, helping with breaking and backing as well as prepping for competitions and teaching level 2 students stable management. 

Oliwer Bule

I am a 20-year-old student from Poland currently studying Equine Business and Management at Hartpury University. In high school, I studied two languages, English and German, Business and Management, and obviously maths. 

I am a professional international showjumper and was already privileged to represent Poland in the Nations Cup during international shows in Slovakia. I do not come from an equine-connected family that’s why everything in this industry was new to me. I am very proud to be where I am right now and working with such interesting and ambitious people makes me work even harder for future accomplishments. 

Apart from constantly developing myself, I started to help others in the equine industry to understand how to achieve success in showjumping by showing ways of training that are already well-known to me. I always believed that hard work beats talent that’s why I truly believe that anyone can achieve big success if they put an enormous number of hours into their work. 

One fun fact about me is that I hate when someone is trying to put any kind of face cream on my face. I don’t mind doing it on my own, but I can’t stand it when someone is trying to do that for me. 

Benedikt Schiebel 

I am a 20-year-old international student studying Equine Business Management at Hartpury University.  I was born in Germany and then grew up in Austria.  My parents are German and American and I have 6 brothers.  My interests outside Uni are horses, sports, diet and nutrition and traveling.  

I have two grey Connemara ponies with me in the UK called Cosimo and Luke.  They initially came from Ireland to Austria and I have now transported them over here when I came to Hartpury.  

A fun fact about me is that my names are Linus Benedikt Michael, but my parents always called me Benedikt.  

Eden Clarke

I am a 19-year-old, Oxford born, Hartpury University student.  I am currently studying Equine Business Management and living in Gloucester.   Prior to this, I have studied Business Studies, Sports Coaching and Physics.

Alongside studies in high school I was lucky enough to take part in and be awarded the Team Enterprises Award and The Duke Of Edinburgh Gold Reward and looking back at it now I think these are definitely some my biggest accomplishment. 

I'm 1/2 Spanish and 1/2 Italian, but grew up traveling around, sometimes in Spain and sometimes in lovely parts of the UK like Didcot or Wales. 

Little fact about me is that ever since I was a little kid I've always had a Spanish book called "LA ISLA NEGRA - Tintin" . It's how I learnt a bit of Spanish when I needed it but I've never actually finished the book.   


Maisie Gwynne

I am a 21-year-old from Manchester and am currently in my second year of studying Equine Business Management at Hartpury University. 

I completed a level 3 diploma in Equine Management at college and gained practical experience working with sales liveries and helping with breaking and schooling.  I have also worked at a riding school both teaching and helping with management.  

I am really interested in the showing world and enjoy taking my horses out, as well as grooming and prepping for others.  


(Catriona Veal) 

Comments

Popular Posts